The job holder will combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of heating elements and related products. This role will be key in further developing the reputation of the company as an experienced provider of electric process heating equipment to UK and global industrial markets.
Working in a supporting role with the sales team in order to generate sales quotations for equipment and projects detailed in either direct customer enquiries or by using information gathered by the sales team from either existing or prospective new customers.
To deliver sales and marketing strategy, as an electric heating solution provider aimed at solving their industrial customer needs through a wide variety of applications, resources, and capabilities. Many of their customers require support and design services in implementing their technology. The internal sales engineer will work with customers to understand their products, capture their requirements, and prepare project proposals and contracts.
- Processing client purchase orders
- Creating and following up proforma invoices
- General sales order and quotation filing and archiving
- You will be expected to hold a good understanding of their full Standard Product portfolio
- Actively identify and develop new business opportunities and accounts for the company
- Provide Technical Sales support for UK Sales Team
- Build and maintain good relationship with clients
- Prepare quotations for clients and follow up via telephone and email contact
- Maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in order to capture all customer based activity and follow up on sales opportunities
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements by identifying their needs, handling technical queries, agreeing specifications, engineering adaptations of products, equipment and services - Generating technical sales proposals and contracts
- Where required, researching group or 3rd party product solutions and requesting quotations in order to satisfy their customer needs
- Working with the engineering and production teams to ensure development schedules and deliveries are being met to the required standards
- Identifying potential new clients via website/email/telephone enquiries and providing this information to the external sales team for follow up
- Developing support material for other members of the sales team
- Assisting in conveying customer requirements to engineering, production and purchasing colleagues
- Providing accurate and meaningful reports to customers on the progress of their orders and where required challenging your colleagues where improvements are required.
- Developing long-term account management relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Supporting the sales team in negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services
- Meeting regular sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Becoming a successful candidate you will/have:
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be technically proficient
- Demonstrate a customer facing, positive and proactive personality
- A proven track record in a customer facing role is desirable but not essential with an onus on being confident, outgoing, innovative and being able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Need to have achieved a minimum of HNC, mHND or Foundation Degree level within a technical discipline.
- Be highly competent with Microsoft office software tools
- Possess commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
If you're technically qualified and think that you fit the bill then we look forward to seeing your application!!
Please email to: [email protected]