Design & Technical Engineer
Location: Based at Heatrod Elements Ltd, Farnworth, BL4 0AN
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 07.30 to 16.00 and Friday 07.30 to 12.50 (38 hours)
As one of the UK’s leading heating element manufacturers, Heatrod offer a wide range of products from standard straight elements through to bespoke customer equipment. Our success is built on our ability to satisfy our customers by providing quality products, outstanding customer service and delivering on time, every time! We combine a growing industrial manufacturing base with a thriving distribution business. The engineering team are at the forefront of the business in defining initial concepts with our customers and then using standard tools and processes in developing those concepts into usable products and bespoke engineered solutions.
We are now looking to expand our Engineering team with a Design and Technical Engineer. This role is an integral part of the team as you’ll be designing and specifying products to meet the variety of needs of our customers. Working closely with the wider team the core of this role is product development, providing key information to the production team and both technical and costing support to the sales team.
If you have a HND or Degree qualified in a suitable Engineering, Technical or Mechanical discipline, have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar design role we’d like to hear from you.
- Good Computer Skills including MS Office
- Competent in Solid Works for producing 3D models & drawings
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar technical based role
- Experience of project work & managing multiple projects at one time
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Possess commercial acumen
- Ability to work to deadlines
- 5S experience.
- Lean Manufacturing & Design experience.
- ISO 9001 experience
- Experience in the heating element industry would be an advantage
What we can offer you:
- Learning and development opportunities
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Cash health plan
- Free on site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral scheme
- Staff social events
A full job description is available from [email protected]
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
No agencies, thank you.