HRH ATEX Immersions
When environmental conditions become unsafe to use ordinary immersion heaters, Heatrod can offer a wide range of explosion-proof heating solutions.
Having manufactured our first range of hazardous area heaters back in 1953, Heatrod can provide a hazardous area version for the majority of our products, together with bespoke hazardous area air and gas heaters. Fully ATEX certified to class IIB and with standard screw-in immersions up to fully engineered 180kW process heaters. We can also provide IIC certified products from other group manufacturers.
Example of Applications
- Flameproof immersion
- Flameproof in-line flow heater
- Flameproof gas heater
- Flameproof air heater
Features & Benefits
- IP67 Exd ATEX certified terminal cover
- Incoloy 825 alloy sheathed elements
- Brass, carbon or stainless steel flanges
- Removable core options, with plain, or options for stainless steel & copper
- Standard range up to 180kW
- Control & high limit thermostats
- Operating pressures up to 10 bar (standard)
- Wide range of thermostats available
- Variety of voltage options
The term 'explosive atmosphere' is defined as a mix of inflammable substances in the form of gases, vapour, mist or dust - which may lead to fire spreading to the un-burnt mix following ignition. Atmospheric conditions are normally defined as -20°C to +40°C, pressure 0.8-1.1 bar. We produce equipment for ATEX areas, with different temperature and pressure on the media and for all temperature classes.
HRH Technical data
1-12kW, element Diameter: 8mm
Head thread size 2, 2¼, 2½" BSP
IP67 ATEX certified terminal cover
Removable core elements
Optional thermostat ranges available
Screw In Range
These products are always application specific, so please contact our Sales Engineering Team for more information.