Location: Office based at Heatrod Elements Ltd, Farnworth, BL4 0AN
Salary: £21,000-£25,000, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Full Time: 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 to 12:50 Friday (38 hours per week)
As part of this role, you will:
- Place purchase orders as identified from our system, as per company requirements.
- Expediate open POs to ensure on time delivery.
- Communicate incoming material delays to other departments as required.
- Work closely with Stores to ensure they are up to date with incoming delivery schedules.
- Awareness of incoming containers.
- Monitoring delivery dates
- Support container delivery unloading and checking stock levels
- Feedback to Lead Purchaser on discrepancies
- Review and publish supplier delivery performance each day
- Review and update traded products for weekly planning review, passing discrepancies to Purchasing Lead.
- Input to systems maintenance and updates (e.g. new prices, lead times, etc)
- Update stock levels on customer forecast sheets
- Work with Goods Inward on any incoming quality issues and resolving same
- Assisting the Finance Team on invoice queries
- Recording all purchase orders in the purchase order file
- Completing the order book review
- Cover for Lead Purchaser as required.
A bit more about you:
- Ideally you will have some relevant purchasing experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment, but this isn’t essential.
- As well as your proactive and enthusiastic attitude, you will be organised and able to multi-task effectively with a right first time approach.
- We’d really like you to have Maths and English GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or equivalent. Any Purchasing qualifications will be an advantage, but they aren't essential.
- You must be computer literate, and have great verbal and written communications skills
- Be a team player, happy to listen, and roll your sleeves up to get stuck in!
What we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Free on site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Referral scheme
- Staff social events
- Cash Health Plan
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
No agencies, thank you.